To prove you're human, type the answer to this math question:
Effective Date: December 15, 2010
Acceptance of Terms.
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
* infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
* you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
* is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
* constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
* involves commercial activities and/or sales without Company's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
* exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
* contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Company or any third party; or
* impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Company’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Fan Personal Information – Fans.
As a condition to using certain features of the Service you may be required to provide certain personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, country of residence, social media feeds and zip/postal code. As a condition to each such band's right to receive such Fan Information, Company requires each band to agree to the terms set forth in the next section of this Agreement. However, you acknowledge that Company has no control over the use of the Fan Information by the bands, and you further acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the bands' use of such Fan Information.
Fan Personal Information - Bands.
In connection with certain features of the Service, requiring that fans provide their e-mail addresses and other personal information in order to vote for you, an individual recording artist or a collection of recording artists (a “Band”) may be eligible to collect certain types of Fan Information. As a condition to receiving such Fan Information, you acknowledge and agree that you will not disclose, rent, or sell any Fan Information to any third party, and you will use the Fan Information only in connection with the Band’s mailing list, in order to provide fans with general information and news about the Band, such as upcoming shows and new music. You further agree that any e-mail sent to the Band mailing list will include a mechanism by which the recipient can unsubscribe from the mailing list, along with clear instructions on how to do so (i.e. a functioning "opt-out" mechanism).
Content and License.
You agree that the Service contains Content specifically provided by Company or its partners and that such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
Company grants each user of the Site and/or Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use, modify and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content's copyright notice. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
Intellectual Property Rights – Bands.
The Service provides Bands with the ability to upload the Band’s sound recordings (“Sound Recordings”) and the musical works (“Musical Works”) embodied therein (collectively, the Band’s “Music”) to the Site. Company will not have any ownership rights in any elements of a Band’s Music, however, Company needs the following license to perform the Service. Each Band uploading Music to the Service grants Company and its authorized sublicensees and distributors, if any, the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, right and license to: (i) reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, create derivate works of, communicate to the public and otherwise exploit (collectively, “Exploit”) (1) the Band’s Music and perform the Service on the Band’s behalf (e.g., reproduce, transcode, copy and store the Band’s Music on computer servers owned and/or operated by or on behalf of Company or its authorized sublicensees and distributors, and publicly perform, transmit, stream, distribute, and playback the Band’s Music) using any technologies or methodologies now known or hereafter developed, and (2) Exploit all associated copyrightable works or metadata, including, without limitation, song lyrics and musical notations, album cover artwork, photographs, graphics, and descriptive text (“Artworks”) in connection with the Service); (ii) allow users of the Service to receive public performances and public displays of the Band’s Music and Artworks and to reproduce the Band’s Music and Artwork on any and all devices owned or controlled by the user for non-commercial purposes and receive performances and displays of same; and (iii) reproduce, use, and publish, and to permit others to reproduce, use and publish, the name(s), trademarks, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of the Band, in connection with the provision of the Service.
To enable Company to Exploit your Music pursuant to the above provisions, you hereby grant to Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable right to use, distribute, reproduce, copy, and display your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos or similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) solely in connection with the Service or in the marketing, promotion or advertising of the service, including in all forms of marketing, promotion, and advertising materials now known or hereafter created.
By uploading any Music or Artworks to the Site:
* you represent and warrant that the use or other exploitation of your Sound Recordings and the Musical Works embodied therein and/or Artworks by Company and its authorized sublicensees and distributors and/or by users of the Site as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
* you represent and warrant that you grant to the Company the non-exclusive right and license to exhibit, broadcast, reproduce, communicate, commercially exploit and perform publicly and to authorize others so to perform the Recording in the Film, currently titled “Billboard, an Uncommon Contest for Common People!” (the “Film”) and trailers thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereinafter devised, including but not limited theatrical exhibition, cable broadcast, DVD, internet broadcast, pay-per-view and per-per-channel;
* you represent and warrant that you grant the Company the non-exclusive right and license to exhibit, broadcast, reproduce, communicate, commercially exploit and perform publicly, and to authorize others so to perform the Composition in synchronization or timed relationship to the Film and trailers thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereinafter devised, including but not limited theatrical exhibition, cable broadcast, DVD, internet broadcast, pay-per-view and per-per-channel;
* you represent and warrant that you grant the Company the non-exclusive right and license to use, exhibit, broadcast, reproduce, communicate, commercially exploit and publicly perform the Recording, or the performer’s performance of the Composition which recordation shall be used in timed synchronization or timed relation with the Film, and same may be exploited in any and all media worldwide, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, and in any advertising, promotion and marketing of the Film;
* you represent and warrant to grant the Company the right to use and reproduce the Recording or portions thereof in conjunction with the Film for the purpose of manufacturing, distributing, selling, renting, leasing and licensing DVD’s, videocassettes, video discs, and other audio-visual devices, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity; and
* you represent and warrant to grant the Company the right to alter the Recording, the Composition or the performer’s performance of the Composition in any manner.
* you represent and warrant that, to the extent you are the songwriter of any or all of the Musical Works embodied in your Sound Recordings, whether in whole or in part (e.g., as a co-writer), you have the full right, power, and authority to grant the rights set forth in this Agreement notwithstanding the provisions of any agreement you may have entered into with any performing rights organization (“PRO”), whether based in the United States (e.g., ASCAP, BMI or SESAC) or elsewhere, or any music publisher, and that you are solely responsible for taking all steps necessary to inform such PRO or music publisher of your grant of a royalty free license to Company for the uses set forth herein for the Hosting, including public performances and communications to the public, of your Musical Works, and that no fees or payments of any kind whatsoever shall be due to any PRO or music publisher for the Hosting of your Musical Works.
* you represent and warrant that no fees of any kind shall be due any third party, including, but not limited to, any union, guild, non-featured vocalist or musician, engineer or producer, for the use or re-use of your Sound Recordings as authorized under this Agreement.
If any agreement you have entered into with any third party, including, but not limited to a PRO, music publisher, union or guild, whether by law or contract, prohibits you from granting company the right and license set forth in this Agreement and making the representations and warranties set forth in the four paragraphs immediately above, then you are prohibited from uploading your music to the Service and shall be responsible for indemnifying and holding company harmless from and against any and all claims arising from the exploitation of your music on the Service, including all court costs and legal fees.
Music Use in Film
In the event that Company decides to use an artist or Band’s Music in the Film, currently titled, “Billboard an Uncommon Contest for Common People!”, you shall be compensated a flat fee of $96.00 for all rights in all territories in perpetuity. You agree that the consideration under this Agreement is complete and sufficient and there shall be no other remuneration of any kind due by the Company for the granting of rights herein and the use of the performance and Recording of the Composition licensed herein.
The artist or Band will receive screen credit as follows:
in the closing credits as applicable. The Company shall determine size, type, style, placement and duration.
You shall be given the above credits only in the event that the Film is produced. No casual or inadvertent failure to comply with this credit provision shall be deemed a breach of this Agreement and you shall not be entitled to any injunctive relief.
The Company maintains all artistic control over the Film throughout the entire course of the production and owns all rights to the Film, including all ancillary and derivative rights and all rights to unrestrictedly exploit the Film in any medium worldwide.
The artist or Band will be notified if the Company intends to use the artist or Band’s Music.
Intellectual Property Rights - Fans.
The Service provides users with the ability to add, create, upload, submit, distribute or post (“Submitting” or “Submission”) content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, social media feeds, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, or other information to the Site (collectively, the “User Submissions”). By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you:
* acknowledge that by Submitting any User Submission to the Site, you are publishing that User Submission, and that you may be identified publicly by your User ID in association with any such User Submission;
* by Submitting any User Submissions through the Site or the Service, you hereby do and shall grant Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, the Service and Company’s (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites, theatrical exhibition, cable broadcast, DVD, internet broadcast, pay-per-view and per-per-channel;), whether now known or hereafter developed. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
* you agree to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity, including any PROs, due to your Submission of any User Submissions to the Service;
* that the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by Company and use or other exploitation by users of the Site and Service as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
* understand that Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content or information submitted by you; and that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
Company does not endorse and has no control over any User Submission. Company cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom.
Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Site; what Content you access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service.
The Service is provided "as is" and "as available” and is without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. Company, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners and content providers do not warrant that: (a) the service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (b) any defects or errors will be corrected; (c) any content or software available at or through the service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (d) the results of using the service will meet your requirements. Your use of the service is solely at your own risk.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18USC 2701-2711): Company makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. Company will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitation of Liability.
In no event shall Company, nor its directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the Service (i) for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising), (ii) for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination), or (iii) for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) one-hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Company makes no representation that the Content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Pennsylvania, and accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Integration and Severability.
You may contact Company at the following address: email@example.com.
I have read & agree tothe terms of service.
A password will be e-mailed to you.